Do you differentiate subscriptions price-wise based on diet categories?
If not, then you don’t need to worry about these, and you can go straight to building your Weekly Subscriptions. Click here to see how.
Otherwise, handle this with a Weekly Subscription Group, which subdivides subscriptions based on categories created in Kitchen Settings > Meal Categories. For example, you might create subscription groups for a Keto Plan, Paleo Plan, Breakfast & Entrees, or Entrees Only.
To create a subscription/meal plan group go to Admin Dashboard > Kitchen Settings > Weekly Subscription Groups.
Click Add new or click the ID# of an existing group to make changes or replace an existing group.
Enter the name of the group.
Select the Categories and Category Union to determine what the meals selected for this group's subscriptions would need to be tagged with.
- If you have selected 2+ Diet categories and 2+ Type categories, the available meals will be tagged with
- System Default: option among the following that has been set in Business Settings > Configurations > Business: General.
Finally, create a Description for this group to explain the subscriptions to your customers so they can make the choice that is best for them.
As for the Changes in this plan will affect dropdown,
- No need to worry about it during set up.
- If you're making changes to your Weekly Subscription Plan Price or to your Weekly Subscription Group, and you already have customers using a subscription in that group or with that plan price, select who you want the changes to affect.
- Only on new subscriptions: changes the option for customers who are signing up for a new subscription
- Only on renews and new subscriptions: changes the option for existing customers on this structure after renewal, and for customers signing up for a new subscription
- Only on renews, new subscriptions and open days: changes the option for existing customers on this structure - after renewal, and for all days with open meal selections remaining in their current subscription - and for customers signing up for a new subscription
When you hit save, the changes will be applied immediately. The drop down will still say Only on new subscriptions - this is not a static value, so it won't show a status change, it's only for making actual changes.